Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back after a hiatus

Hello readers.

So sorry for the lack of posts.  I took some time off from researching, as I have a tendency to do when I get overwhelmed.

Sometimes, especially when there is a lot going on in my life, I start getting lost in my research and panicked by the sheer volumes of information I have to sift through to find a simple fact.  Sometimes I search for hours for one single census record, only to turn up empty-handed.  At those times, I hate to admit, the temptation to just give up is overwhelming.

So what motivated my return?  I tuned in to "Who Do You Think You Are?".  Can I just say, I love this show? It is so interesting and inspirational to see people searching for their roots.  Yes, they're famous.  And yes, they have resources I could only dream of accessing.  But still, there is something about seeing someone make genealogical discoveries that reminds me of how much I love searching for my roots.

So, I'm back.  Research updates to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment