Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hello all!


"And when we're nothing more than memories,
Love will live on
In pictures on mantles
Eternal candles
Sparks that rekindle yesterday..."
~Trace Adkins, Pictures On Mantles

Here in the South, roots run deep. For as long as I can remember, thoughts of my family history, where I come from and what has happened that has allowed my family to assume its current shape have kept me digging through boxes in the basement of my grandparents' house and nagging my dad about the importance of remembering family stories that he can't seem to recall.

I have made some minor attempts to research my family history in the past. I have had tremendous success in some ways, but the disconnect and disorganization I have brought upon myself have caused me to still consider my endeavors to be "minor." Genealogy is my favorite hobby but also, I am ashamed to say, the one that I neglect the most. I come and go from the world of ancestral research with ease, losing inspiration when I reach a hurdle almost as quickly as I found it in the first place.

That is why I have decided to start this blog. It's purpose is not only to record my own research, triumphs and challenges together, but also to provide what I hope will be helpful information for others taking the same journey that I have found myself traveling. I hope to provide some guidance, reviews of relevant tools and resources, as well as the occasional entertaining anecdote for your reading pleasure.

Please feel free to leave comments to let me know what information you find most helpful in the future!

Happy researching,

~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment